Stay Warm, Safe, and Prepared!
Living in Georgetown, TX, and nearby areas means facing some tough winter weather. To help you and your family get through it safely and comfortably, read our easy-to-follow guide, or call us for assistance today!
- Protect Your Pipes: Keep your home’s temperature at 50 degrees Fahrenheit or above, even when you’re away. This helps prevent your pipes from freezing and potentially causing expensive damage.
- Check Your Insulation: A well-insulated home is warm and saves on heating costs. Make sure your attic, walls, and basement are properly insulated.
- Emergency Kit Ready: Have a kit with essentials like water, non-perishable food, blankets, first-aid supplies, a battery-powered radio, extra batteries, and a flashlight. For winter, add hand warmers, extra socks, and thermal blankets.
- Prepare Your Car for Winter: Ensure your car is ready for cold weather. Check the antifreeze, battery, and tires. Also, keep an emergency kit in your car with warm clothes, a blanket, a shovel, and sand or cat litter for traction.
- Get Ready for Power Outages: Winter storms often cause power outages. Have a backup heating source like a fireplace or portable heater. Stock up on wood or fuel, and remember never to use a generator inside to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Stay Updated: Keep an eye on the latest weather forecasts and storm warnings. Use apps and local news channels to stay informed.
- Look Out for Neighbors: In tough times, helping each other is important. Check on elderly or vulnerable neighbors to make sure they’re okay.
Trust Arctic Air For Your Georgetown Heating Needs!
Georgetown winters can be tough but beautiful. By following these steps, you’ll be well-prepared for whatever the season brings. Remember, being prepared is key to handling winter weather. Stay warm, stay safe, and let’s face the winter with confidence! Contact Arctic Air today!